Wednesday 31 July 2013

Goodness, we have movement at the station!!

Finally we have something happening! Our back retaining wall started today, late, but better late than never!

I only took a couple of snaps, however here goes:



I took this photo because of the plans sitting on the slab!

I spoke with the contractor building the wall. He told me that today they were scraping back the soil to locate the services (the sewage and storm water drains) before digging the holes for the posts. The delay in getting to this point has been that our wall needed particular engineering as it's located so closely to the service lines.  

Once the posts are done, the contractors hope to build and complete the wall by Friday, Monday at the latest. So yah! Hopefully this time next week we have a beautiful and complete retaining wall. I honestly didn't think that I could be so excited by a retaining wall - but I am!  

I will pop out to the site tomorrow and take some more pics. Fingers crossed I see some concrete going up! 3 or 4 days for a retaining wall seems quick, but I won't complain :-) Love seeing progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment