Friday 12 July 2013

Playing the Waiting Game

Still waiting!

We can't move forward until our back retaining wall goes up. I had an update from our SS and the wall is designed, materials ordered, just waiting on the certifier to give the ok. They are hoping for the official ok early next week and then they can start. Fingers crossed!

The rain in Brisbane just won't go away either, and I so I'm hoping that it doesn't delay works in the next few weeks. Once the wall goes up we start on the piers, and we need the site to be dry to get the digger on site - too wet and it will sink! Winter in Brisbane is normally reliably dry, however this year is frustratingly wet, and supposed to remain that way until we get to the "wet season" in summer. Oh joy!

This building lark is really testing my patience!! I'm sure we won't be in by Christmas this year, and I'm currently thinking Easter next year.

In the meantime I'll share some pics I took at the site the other day (after some rain). My next post I'll show you our appliance choices - very excited about them!




No comments:

Post a Comment