Wednesday 4 September 2013

Front Verandah starts & waiting for the second floor

I had a day off visiting the site yesterday, trying to tone down the OCD of site visits :)

You couldn't hold me back today! It really is like a disease, you just have to go over to see!

I went over after finishing work and the carpenters were busy on site. The second floor joists have been finished, and we are now waiting on the scaffolding / protection before the men can work any higher. Once that arrives (hopefully today), the men can put in two more load bearing beams between the joists and then nail on the yellow tongue flooring. Once those things happen it's second floor framing baby! Yeah!

Today they were working on the front and back decks - 2 of the front verandah posts were up (very heavy, but very pretty!!) and the carpenter was working on the others. The other men were erecting the back verandah posts, though I'm not sure how far away the balustrading is.

I had a quick walk through the lower floor and it's all feeling really good! I'm really starting to visualise the space.

Enough talking, the important part, the photos from today!:













No comments:

Post a Comment