Monday 26 August 2013

All decked up (almost)

Another quick visit today and I wasn't disappointed. The carpenters have finished laying the deck flooring and the back porch, which exits from the laundry. I love the colour of the deck timber!! When I arrived they were cutting the treads for the back steps and steps off the deck.

We are waiting on timber for the framing, some of which should be delivered today (Tuesday) and the rest on Thursday 29/8 (fingers crossed!). I'm really hoping to see some framing this week.

I learned today that our Site Supervisor Mark is on another job, and will be back next week. Sharing your builders feels so hard when you are cracking your neck to see your own house built! I'm sure the owners of the other house feel the same way :)

Some photos from today:


You can see the haze of the bushfire smoke. Lots of back burning around Brisbane at the moment. We're anticipating a hot and dry summer. 

Standing on our new deck!!!! 







Back porch from the laundry 




Happy Tuesday everyone! Australia's Greatest Bakeoff tonight, who else is watching? 

No comments:

Post a Comment