Friday 9 August 2013

We are out of the ground!

Our first stumps are in and so we are now officially out of the ground! I'm so excited!

I didn't go onto the site as the guys were just shutting up when I arrived, however I managed to take a few shots through the fence:

Our fantastic Site Supervisor Mark on the left



In this picture you can see the "H" stumps, which support the back deck. The remaining stumps support the house.


Tomorrow Mark and Craig and team will finish off the stumps and then next week we start on the flooring, then the first frames. Can't wait!

On another note, I am exceedingly grateful that DH and I have gone with Garth Chapman. The team has been exemplary in every respect, and I can't recommend them highly enough. They have been so thorough and work to achieve the best outcome for us. While our build has hit a few hurdles, the team has been courteous and informative, and the wonderful Steve has gone above and beyond the call of duty to get things done for us. And he has put up with me calling him often (very often - he really deserves a medal). I've heard so many terrible stories, and while I'm very grateful that's not our experience, I wanted to put a happy story out there. These guys are fantastic!

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment