Thursday 22 August 2013

Flooring and verandah progress

Today saw the flooring started, which is particularly exciting as we can now walk on our lower level and start to get a real feel for the size of the space. It's also great to get a sense of the view we will have from our living / kitchen / dining. And it also means that the framing comes next!!

When I turned up, the men were nailing the flooring sheets to the joists, and it is hard work! The tongue and groove sheets are hammered together by a mallet before being nailed to the joists. They are much heavier than I had realised too. It was really interesting for me to stop for a few minutes and watch the men at work, you get a much better sense of how precise their craft is and how much time they spend to get things right. And why they don't ever need to go to the gym!

These photos are taking at about 2.30pm, just before picking the children up from school:

















The joists for the verandah had also been added today:













Go the Makita! 


I was so excited about the floor, I called DH and asked if he wanted to visit the site with me after work. So later on we returned with the children, and had out first walk on the floor! Woop woop! 






I took many more photos, however I can't share them as they include the children. It was so much fun walking on the floor! Really looking forward to it being finished tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment