Wednesday 7 August 2013

Pier digging has started!

I popped out to the block this afternoon to show dad the block (he and mum are visiting for a couple of weeks from NSW) and the digger was still in action. We were able to watch our builders drill some holes, and I was able to have a chat to one of our lovely builders, Craig. He explained some of the surveyor markings for us - the ones I remember are that the blue crosses are for steel posts and the pink crosses for the timber posts.

Here are some photos from this afternoon:



Love seeing the dirt / rock as it is shaken off the drill 




The lovely Craig

Craig avec digger!


So to tomorrow - there will be more digging and hopefully the first posts going in. Early next week we should start to see some flooring and then (drumroll), the frame! You can't tell I'm a little bit excited.

One of my other house related jobs today is to pick up our sink, ordered about 6 weeks ago. We have bought the black Schock sink from Abey:

At first I wanted a butlers sink, however we ultimately preferred this one. It won out on size and functionality. What I particularly love is that it has anti bacterial properties and dirt can't adhere to it. I'm hoping it will prove easier to keep clean! 


No comments:

Post a Comment